Andrews University Seminary Studies (AUSS) began with its first published volume in 1963. The founding editor of AUSS, Siegfried H. Horn, envisioned a journal that would provide a scholarly venue for the faculty, students, and alumni of the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary as well as for other biblical scholars around the world. For over fifty years of publication since this vision was initiated, AUSS has published articles by Seventh-day Adventist, Catholic, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars throughout the world.
As a refereed journal, AUSS provides a scholarly venue, within the context of biblical faith, for the presentation of research in the area of religious and biblical studies. AUSS publishes research articles, dissertation abstracts, and book reviews on the following topics: biblical archaeology and the history of antiquity; Hebrew Bible and New Testament studies; church history of all periods; historical, biblical, systematic, and philosophical theology; science and religion; ethics; world religions; and missiology. Selected research articles on ministry and Christian education may also be published.
Feel free to browse our journal archive to meet your research needs by using the search field in the sidebar. The digital archive includes all back issues beginning with volume 1 (1963). Please note that articles and book reviews in the two most recent issues are only available to paid subscribers. Check with your library for a print version of these issues or subscribe to the journal.
For the full benefit of an indexed database (including other journal publications), we suggest going to our partner site ATLA for all articles covering biblical, historical, and theological topics ATLA (via James White Library) and click on EBSCOhost Atla Religion Database with AtlaSerials PLUS [LSDAR].
Current AUSS Editorial Team
|Co-Editors:||Martin F. Hanna
|Editorial Assistant:||Nathaniel R. Gibbs|
|Copy Editors:||Bonnie Beres
|Book Review Manager:||Rodrigo Galiza|
|Circulation Manager:||Grace Peno|
|Public Relations and Marketing Manager:||Grace Peno|
|Managing Board:||Jiří Moskala, John W. Reeve, Alayne Thorpe, Ron Knott, P. Richard Choi, Richard M. Davidson, Paul Gregor, Martin F. Hanna, and Thomas Shepherd|
History of AUSS Editors
- Martin F. Hanna and Oliver Glanz, coeditors (2019-Present)
- Martin F. Hanna and John W. Reeve, coeditors (2014–2019)
- John W. Reeve, editor (2009–2014)
- Jerry Moon and John W. Reeve, coeditors (2005–2009)
- Jerry Moon, editor (2000–2005)
- Jerry Moon and Nancy J. Vyhmeister, coeditors (2000)
- Nancy J. Vyhmeister, editor (1994–2000)
- Kenneth A. Strand and Nancy J. Vyhmeister, coeditors (1991–1994)
- George R. Knight and Kenneth A. Strand, coeditors (1988–1991)
- Kenneth A. Strand, editor (1974–1988)
- Siegfried H. Horn, editor (1963–1974)
- Reeve, John W. "New Staff, New Design, New Website, and New Guidelines," AUSS 54.2 (2016): 193–194.
- Abrahamson, Karen K. "We Have Come at Last to the End of the Beginning and We Look with Anticipation to the Future," AUSS 52.1 (2014): 3–4.
- Horn, Siegfried H. "Introducing Andrews University Seminary Studies." AUSS 1 (1963): 1–2.
Indexed in Elenchus of Biblica, Internationale Zeitschriftenschau für Bibelwissenschaft und Grenzgebiete, New Testament Abstracts, Index Theologicus/Zeitschrifteninhaltsdienst Theologie, Old Testament Abstracts, Orientalistische Literaturzeitung, Religion index One, Periodicals, Religious and Theological Abstracts, Seventh-day Adventist Periodical Index, Theologische Zeitschift and Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft.