2020 ANDREWS UNIVERSITY TEACHING AND LEARNING CONFERENCE
UPDATE: After much consideration, we have decided to cancel the conference this year. This is based on the presence of novel coronavirus cases in the state, which prompted Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer to declare a state of emergency. Please stay tuned for AUTLC 2021! (Posted 3/11/2020)
On Thursday, March 26, 2020, the Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum Department at Andrews University in partnership with Berrien Springs Public Schools, will host its 18th annual conference. The AUTLC invites proposals for scholarly work, posters, and best practice demonstrations from university faculty, PreK-12 teachers, graduate and undergraduate students, and other education professionals. This year’s conference theme is “Constructing Compassionate, Conscientious Learning Communities."
APPLICATION: Please view the 2020 Call for Proposals before submitting your application online. Digital Commons Application Note: "Enter Title of Event" means the title of your particular presentation, not the title of the conference. Submissions for the March 2020 conference are due by January 15, 2020.
FEATURED SPEAKER: Cia Verschelden, Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs, Malcolm X College (Chicago, IL).
REGISTRATION: We invite you to register online here.
- 10:30–11:20 am - Morning Keynote: Recipients of the Excellence in Teaching Award (Newbold Auditorium, Buller Hall)
- 11:30–12:20 pm - Poster Session and Lunch (Buller Hall)
- 12:30–01:20 pm - Breakout Session 1 (Bell Hall Classrooms)
- 01:30–02:20 pm - Breakout Session 2 (Bell Hall Classrooms)
- 02:30–03:20 pm - Breakout Session 3 (Bell Hall Classrooms)
- 04:30–06:30 pm - Keynote Address: “Bandwidth Recovery: Reclaiming Students Cognitive Resources Lost to Racism, Poverty, and Social Marginalization” - Cia Verschelden (Howard Performing Arts Center)
- 06:30–07:30 pm - Book Signing - Cia Verschelden (Howard Performing Arts Center Lobby)