The 2017 Andrews Autumn Conference on Religion and Science (Oct. 27-28) will featured C. John "Jack" Collins, professor of Old Testament at Covenant Theological Seminary.
- 7:30 p.m. University Vespers (Pioneer Memorial Church)
- “What Is the Creation Story There To Do for Us?”
- C. John (“Jack”) Collins, Professor of Old Testament, Covenant Theological Seminary
- 8:00 am Registration & Breakfast (Biology Commons, Price Hall Second Floor)
- 9:00 am Worship and Introduction: Ante Jerončić, Ethics and Theology, Andrews University (Biology Amphitheather, Price Hall 106)
- 9:20 am Welcome: Keith Mattingly, Dean of the College Arts and Sciences, Andrews University
- 9:30 am Keynote Presentation: “Can Linguistics and Literary Studies Help Us Read Genesis Well?” Jack Collins, Old Testament, Covenant Theological Seminary
- 10:45 am Presentation: “Toward Reading Genesis 1-2 Well: Some Exegetical Reflections on the Sixth and Seventh Days of Creation.” Roy Gane, Old Testament, Andrews University
- 11:15 am Presentation: Paul Keim, Old Testament, Goshen College
- 11:45 am Presentation: Gary Burdick, Physics, Andrews University
- 12:30 pm Lunch (Campus Center)
- 2:00 pm Discussion/Q&A: Anthony Bosman, Mathematics, Andrews University
- 4:30 pm Worship
- 5:00 pm Closing
A function of the Midwest Religion and Science Society.