The eighth annual Social Consciousness Summit explored the negative impact of the coronavirus pandemic on minority communities. The theme was: “COVID-19: Understanding and Breaking the Socio-Economic and Racial Disparities."
Live Stream Conversation
- Nicki Britten, Health Officer for the Berrien County Health Department
- Dr. Harvey Burnett, Associate Professor of Psychology and Chair of the School of Social & Behavioral Sciences at AU
- Dr. Anita Fernander, Associate Professor of Behavioral Science in the College of Medicine at the University of Kentucky.
- Dr. Brandy Lovelady Mitchell, Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for the Kent Intermediate School District
- Ingrid Weiss Slikkers, Assistant Professor of Social Work, has been a social worker and therapist since the early 90s and currently teaches at Andrews.
- Twyla Smith, Assistant Professor of Social Work & Director of Field Education at AU
- Dr. Padma Tadi Uppala, Professor and Chair of the School of Population Health, Nutrition and Wellness at Andrews University, and also Program Director for Public Health.
- Dr. Lynn Todman, Executive Director for Population Health at Spectrum Health Lakeland in St. Joseph, Michigan.
- Spectrum Health Lakeland
- AU Office for Diversity and Inclusion
- AU Office of Research & Creative Scholarship
- AU Office of the Provost
EVENT PLANNING COMMITTEE
- Jerry Price (Manager for Inclusion & Diversity at Spectrum Health Lakeland)
- Carlisle Sutton (Director of Community Engagement, Integration & Services at Andrews University)
- Michael Nixon (Andrews Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Jeff Boyd (Research Support Specialist, Andrews Office of Research & Creative Scholarship)