Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Journal of Adventist Mission Studies
This document provides details on typesetting and layout requirements pertaining to final manuscript submission to Journal of Adventist Mission Studies.
- Do not include a title page or abstract.
- Do not include page numbers, headers, or footers.
- Write your article in English.
- Submit your manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single Word file.
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1 inch (2.5 cm), including your tables and figures.
- Single space your text.
- Use a single column layout with only left margin justified.
- Main Body—12 pt. Times or the closest comparable font available
- Footnotes—10 pt. Times or the closest comparable font available
- If figures are included, use high-resolution figures, preferably encoded as encapsulated PostScript (eps).
- Copyedit your manuscript.
- When possible, there should be no pages where more than a quarter of the page is empty space.
- For Books
In-text Reference: (White 1940:238).
Works Cited: White, Ellen G. 1940. The Desire of Ages. Mountain View, CA: Pacific Press.
- For chapters in an edited book
In-text Reference: (Tippett 1981:628).
Works Cited: Tippett, Alan R. 1981. The Evangelization of Animists. In Perspectives of the World Christian Movement: A Reader, edited by Ralph Winter and Steven C. Hawthorne, 123-138. Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library.
Note: you need the beginning and ending page numbers for the chapter in the book.
- For one source quoted in another source
In-text reference: (Carr and Schuurman 1996:13, 14).
Works Cited: Carr, Ann, and Douglas J. Schuurman. 1996. Religion and Feminism: A Reformist Christian Analysis. Quoted in Ann Carr and Mary Stewart van Leeuwen, Religion, Feminism, and the Family. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 1998.
In-text Reference: (Burns 2005:95)
Works Cited: Burns, Sarah. 2005. Ordering the Artist’s Body: Thomas Eakin’s Acts of Self-portrayal. American Art 19, no. 1 (Spring): 82-107.
Journal with no issue number or month or season
Works Cited: Burns, Sarah. 2005. Ordering the Artist’s Body: Thomas Eakin’s Acts of Self-portrayal. American Art 19:82-107.
Note: no space after colon before page numbers.
In-text Reference: (Schapiro 2004:12-13)
Works Cited: Schapiro, Mark. 2004. New Power for “Old Europe.” The Nation, December 27, 12-13.
- Electronic Entries—include the access date before the URL only when there is no publication date.
In-text Reference: (Faris 2005: para. 22)
Works Cited: Faris, Stephen. 2005. Freedom. Salon.com, December 16. http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2005/12/16/sensorship/index1.html.
In-text Reference: (Feris n.d.: para. 22)
Works Cited: Faris, Stephen. n.d. Freedom. Salon.com. Accessed 12 January 2019. http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2005/12/16/sensorship/index1.html.
Note: no underlining for web addresses. You may add the paragraph number if the article is long and there are no page numbers to help your readers access the information easier. If there is no date, use n.d. and add accessed plus the date before the web address.