2019 Seminary Scholarship Symposium: Science-Theology Dialogue about Creation
On February 12, 14, 15, and 16, the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary at Andrews University will host the 15th Annual Seminary Scholarship Symposium, which seeks to foster scholarly dialogue among Seminary faculty and students. This year's expanded event combines the annual Symposium with the Andrews Autumn Conference on Religion and Science in order to highlight the theme: "Science-Theology Dialogue about Creation."
Key presenters include John Oswalt (Asbury Theological Seminary), Ben Clausen (Loma Linda University), John Walton (Wheaton College), Jerry Root (Wheaton College), and Andrews professors, Jiří Moskala, Randall Younker, and Richard Davidson.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE for meetings on Friday and Saturday.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12
- 11:30 a.m. Research Recognition Assembly - Jiří Moskala, Dean, Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary (Seminary Chapel)
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14
- 11:30 a.m. Worship - John Oswalt, Asbury Theological Seminary (Seminary Chapel)
- 5:30 p.m. Poster Presentation Session (Seminary Commons)
- 7:00 p.m. Plenary Presentation - John Oswalt (Seminary Chapel)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15
- 7:30 a.m. Poster Presentation Session (Seminary Commons)
- 8:30 a.m. Breakout Sessions (Seminary Classrooms)
- 11:30 a.m. Plenary Presentation - Ben Clausen, Loma Linda University (Seminary Chapel)
- 7:30 p.m. Plenary Presentation - John Walton, Wheaton College (Seminary Chapel)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16
- 9:00 a.m. Devotional - Andrea Luxton, President, Andrews University (Howard Performing Arts Center)
- 9:30 a.m. Plenary Presentations - John Walton, Jerry Root, Randy Younker & Richard Davidson (Howard Performing Arts Center)
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch (Campus Center)
- 2:00 p.m. Panel Discussion - John Walton, Jerry Root, Randy Younker, Richard Davidson, Ben Clausen, and Andrews faculty members (Seminary Chapel)
- 4:30 p.m. Worship - David Williams, Boubakar Sanou (Seminary Chapel)
- Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary
- Andrews University Office of Research & Creative Scholarship