Dennis W. Woodland
This fourth edition
- Addresses developments in contemporary plant classification
- Includes 500 additional line drawings
- Discusses and fully illustrates 275 families in detail
- Presents a succinct discussion of each plant family on one page of text, with all relevant drawings and descriptions
- Presents chapters addressing issues in contemporary classification, including the role of systematics in preserving plant diversity
- Includes the landmark University of Wisconsin DVD Photo Atlas of the Vascular Plants, with more than 8,500 plant images representing 325 plant families
- Includes the Interactive Keys to Vascular Plant Families of the World, in CD format for easy identification of plant families
- Contains an extensive bibliography to world flora, with more than 1,000 listings
- Organizes its features to be useful as a reference work or as a textbook for both practical and theoretical applications of systematics.
Faith, Reason, and Earth History, 2nd Ed.: A Paradigm of Earth and Biological Origins by Intelligent Design
This volume presents an argument for constructive thinking about origins and earth history in the context of Scripture, showing readers how to analyze available scientific data and approach unsolved problems. Faith does not need to fear the data, but can contribute to progress in understanding earth history within the context of God’s Word while still being honest about unanswered questions. The original edition of this work (1997) was one of the first books on this topic written from the point of view of an experienced research scientist. A career biologist, paleontologist, and teacher, Brand brings to this well-illustrated book a rich assortment of practical scientific examples. This thoughtful and rigorous presentation makes Brand’s landmark work highly useful both as a college level text and as an easily accessible treatment for the educated lay person.