When James and Ellen White moved to Battle Creek one of the wonderful results was the construction of a dedicated Publishing House for the Review and Herald. John Preston Kellogg, Daniel Palmer, Henry Lyon and Cyrennius Smith each contributed $300 for the construction of the new building. It was erected on the corner of Washington and Main St in Battle Creek, MI. Here James and the Review and Herald Staff would work long hours every week to publish the paper. This building would continue to be in use even after the Review and Herald moved to larger accommodations as the location for the first official Adventist school run by Goodloe Harper Bell beginning in 1972 and serving until the construction of Battle Creek College in 1874. Image Courtesy of the Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.