THURSDAY, OCT. 22—Celebration of Community Engagement
A Celebration of Community Engagement recognizes the many community engagement programs spearheaded and supported by our university. The keynote address and departmental project videos and highlights will begin at 6:00 pm in Newbold Auditorium. This will be preceded by a reception and poster exhibit starting at 5:30 pm in the Buller Hallways.
There are two ways that faculty and departments can share their community engagement programs. Faculty and departments may do either or both (preferred) of the following:
- Create a short video (approximately 5 minutes) that describes the scope of the project/intervention. These videos will be shared during the event in Newbold Auditorium.
- Create a poster of your project. Posters should be 30 x 40 inches, and may be printed in the James White Library.
You may choose to share a video, a poster or both. Project descriptions must include: (a) the need being addressed, (b) the goals of the program, (c) the target audience or demographic served, (d) timelines, (e) project outcomes, and (f) any partners, sponsors or collaborators that need to be recognized.
If you have questions about creating videos or posters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Assistance with poster templates and video production are available upon request.
Project descriptions for both the videos and posters should be submitted by October 1, 2021 in order to be featured in this year’s event. See the attached “Call for Presentations (CCE 2021)” or visit the webpage, https://digitalcommons.andrews.edu/ccd/2021/, for submission details. A few presenters will be invited to give brief presentations of project highlights during the program.
Videos should be submitted by October 8, 2021 for incorporation into the program.
We hope to share these videos and posters on Digital Commons as we did in 2019- https://digitalcommons.andrews.edu/ccd/2019/videos/. In order to do so, we must ensure that we meet some basic requirements.
- All music used in your productions must be licensed or have formal approval for distribution.
- All individuals featured in the videos, whether in clips or in images, must give permission to use their likeness for public presentation. This permission must be documented, whether written or recorded.
- All legal guardians and/or parents must give permission for minors to appear in your production.
This event is being co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost, Office of Research and Creative Scholarship, James White Library, and the Community Engagement Council. The program and posters will be subsequently displayed and archived by the library.